Usually a guest will bring a bottle of wine to say "thanks for hosting". Here are some party favor ideas for you to say "thanks for coming" to your guests.
A simple, inexpensive way to say Thank You!
Type out your "secret" Recipe or even better – hand write it. You can use handmade paper to give an extra special touch.
You can make a small bag of slice, shortbread biscuits, etc and attach the recipe as the gift card.
Small handmade cards with a special "thank you" message inside - if you aren't feeling creative look for a quote or a short poem. I have some of my favourite friendship quotes at the bottom of the page.
Print a Free Party Game for the kids lolly bags, add a balloon and some stickers (so you don't need as many lollies).
Kids hand out lolly bags to their guests. You can still give guests a party favor at an adult birthday party or special occasion dinner party.
A small card with a note "Thank you so much for helping me celebrate my birthday / this special occasion / my retirement". The favor you choose will depend on your budget and the number of guests. Some small gift ideas include:- A small bottle of champagne or wine
- Check out company promotional items for ideas. The companies making these would be happy to put "I survived Ang's 40th" on something instead of a business name!
- Photo – get a nice group photo of your friends and put on something – a fridge magnet, calendar, even a t-shirt! Check out www.CafePress.com for some ideas. You could use this idea for the Grandparents with a photo of the Grandkids.
- Buy an inexpensive photo frame and frame a nice greeting card.
- A small clay pot with a bulb planted in it, you can start these yourself so that they are starting to grow or keep them a "surprise".
- Other plants for your pot – flower seedlings, strawberry plant, herbs. A single flower will look cute.
- Grow a chocolate cake! use a small Clay Pot, line with greaseproof paper, pour in your cake mix and pop in the oven. When the cake is cooked decorate using wire for flower stems, spearmint leaf lollies for the leaves and a marshmallow on top for the flower. Put several of these in your pot.
- Selection of fancy tea bags with some shortbread.
- A small glass jar or tin filled with bright boiled lollies or jelly beans.
- A wine glass charm. Put two holes in a card to attach the charm to the card and write a nice saying or quote.
- A great Christmas Party Favor idea is a quality Christmas ornament. The best time to buy? January of course!
- Small candles, photo holders, snow globe, key rings...
- Sneak a look at a Party Favor store to find the latest ideas. Take note of their packaging ideas too.
- A nice quality Ribbon really sets off the gift.
- Use glass jars, small tins, noodle boxes or small gift boxes or bags as your container.
- Buy some handmade paper to make gift tags and add a nice saying or quote.
- Buy decorations for your gift box or card from a scrapbook shop - you'll have a great variety to choose from.
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. They are but trifles, to be sure but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
- Joseph Addison
"No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence."
- George Eliot
"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose."
- Tehyi Hsieh
"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."
"I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me. I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be; I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day, as you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way."
- Edgar A. Guest
I hope you enjoyed my Party Favor Ideas